We are saving hermit beetle in SCI Poodří
The occurence of the hermit beetle (Osmoderma barnabita) in SCI Poodří is endangered.
- the localities of hermit beetle occurence are isolated
- typical hermit beetle habitats - pollarded willowas - are degraded
- invasion of mistletoe is endangering the second most common habitat of hermit beetle - linden trees
WHAT WE DO?
- we plant more than 1500 trees (willows, poplars, oaks and pears) to connect the isolated localities with hermit beetle occurence
- we pollard about 600 willows to restore typical hermit beetle habitat in the area
- we treat 150 linden trees attacked by mistletoe to restore the second most common habitat of hermit beetle
- we improve landscape values by renewal of willow trees pollarding and varieties of pear trees cultivating
- we restore reputation and popularity of the region for local citizens and tourists by providing suitable management together with stakeholders
- we involve important stakeholder groups: national authorities, municipalities, landowners, farmers and fishermen, river management institutions, local associations and clubs, public.
PROJECT NAME: Osmoderma eremita species protection in SCI Poodří
Project acronym: LIFE Osmoderma 2017
PROJECT CODE: LIFE 17 NAT/CZ/000463